Friday, February 22, 2013

Denim Slipcovers

Hi.  How have you been?  Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile. I have been very busy but I did manage to squeeze in a little time for a project: denim slipcovers chair for my guy’s chair.
My sweet husband John is my guy.  His favorite chair was so worn looking and had been bugging me for quite awhile.  I have been looking  on Craigs’ list for a leather one, but didn’t find any cheap enough to suit me, so I decided to collect some old jeans and make a slipcover that would be washable.
 It's not quite finished.  You may be able to see the raw edge of the seam at the bottom.   Usually I like to put piping on my slipcovers because I think it makes them look so professional, but with this denim the casual look of no piping seemed more suitable.
Something serendipitous happened while I was sewing.  On the side I used a piece with the pocket on it .  It just happened to be at the perfect spot to put the remotes!!  I couldn't have planned it better if I'd tried.
I covered the ottoman also, but now I'm not sure what to do.  I sewed a skirt on the ottoman and was going to put a skirt on the chair too.
                                       
 Now I'm not sure which I like better, with or without a skirt.


I would love your opinion...with or without a skirt?
With rose colored glasses,
Rhondi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi