Friday, November 7, 2014

Come Inside For The Winter

I like to have my ferns come inside for the winter.  Some years I don’t do it soon enough and the frost gets them.    We have had one light frost, which didn’t affect the ferns on our front porch.  So I decided to not press my luck and bring them inside today.

One hangs in the window, which is very awkward to water and water always drips on the floor.
Another sits on top of the pine hutch. I chopped  off most of the back of it so it would fit up against the wall :)  I need to take a better photo tomorrow when the light is better!
This metal planter was on the porch, and it wanted to come inside too.  There were 2 ferns in it when it was outside but this one is even bigger than the others, so  that I thought it needed room to spread out all by itself.
                                                   This one is beside my chaise lounge.  It is huge!

I also brought a pink geranium inside. I don’t know if I have enough sunlight to get it to bloom, but figure it’s worth a try.

Do you any of your plants like to come inside for the winter?
Rhondi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi