Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Encouragement

Good morning dear friends
I wrote my first post on Rose Colored Glasses 5 years ago.  I have enjoyed sharing a cup of tea with you, chatting about my life and showing you the projects I was working on. I have gotten to know so many wonderful creative and caring people in this wonderful community called “blogland”.
I named my blog Rose Colored Glasses because that’s how I like to view the world – through rose colored glasses: looking for the positive, being optimistic and hopeful.  I happen to wear glasses that are a rose color also!
Then I decided to go back to real estate full time and didn’t have the time to write, so I put it aside for awhile, but I missed it.  I missed visiting you, receiving comments, getting inspired and talking to you each day.  So here I am back again.  As some of you know I have switched from Blogger to WordPress which has been a little challenging and I can’t figure out how to comment without it linking to my old blog. ( if anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it)
This year I want to be true to my Rose Colored Glasses outlook and have it be a place of encouragement.  It is so easy to become discouraged or dissatisfied especially when you read some of the beautiful blogs out there and think that they have a better life than you do.  I’m here to tell you that is not true.  Our pastor at church once said that we only see other people’s highlight reel but we tend to look at our “bloopers”.
So today I just want to tell you that whatever your life looks like, there is always something to enjoy about it.  You are reading this, so you must have a computer or smart phone or something.    You probably have a roof over your head, food to eat and too many clothes in your closet.
Count your blessings today.  There are many.  I am counting you as one of mine!
I have a goal of posting every day in January, so I hope you come back tomorrow to see me.
Your friend,
Rhondi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi