Thursday, November 7, 2013

Too Many Things

Do you ever have too many projects on the go at one time?  I do!
Awhile ago I decided to paint our front hall, living room and  dining room white.I planned to stencil the upper half of the walls in the front hall and paint the upper half of the dining room walls a pale blue.
I painted the hall, living room and the bottom half of the dining room.  Then I stenciled the upper half of the hall walls and painted a couple of a sample colors over the yellow on the dining room walls.  I couldn’t decide what color blue looked best, so I just left it with for a couple of weeks with patches of blue here and there.   I rearranged some furniture and hung a few things on the walls but it just wasn’t coming together.
So I just left it and I started on 2 quilts, one for my sister in law and one just for fun to cuddle under on a cold winter day.
Then I found some matelasse spreads  to make slips for my wing chairs,
So the  quilts got put on hold.  Here are the spreads just thrown over the chairs.
Then I found some matelasse spreads  to make slips for my wing chairs,
So the  quilts got put on hold.  Here are the spreads just thrown over the chairs.
Remember how I  made these and even though they looked great the brown wasn’t making me happy.  I posted about it HERE
I am pleased with how they turned out.I didn’t feel too bad about recovering them again when I was able to get those spreads for only $20.
I LOVE matelasse on chairs because it is durable and you can just throw it on the washer and dryer and even bleach it if you need to.  I made one at least 13 years ago for our sofa.  It has been washed so many times and is still holding up well.
Finally I decided that I really like the yellow so I painted over the sample patches of blue and kept the dining room yellow.
As with most of the projects I have on the go right now, this post is unfinished too because I have to go and do something else
to be continued…
Rhondi xo
I am pleased with how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi