Thursday, August 14, 2014

Our Front Porch

I haven’t written a post in a long time and I’ve missed you. It’s a pleasant morning, not too hot yet.  I just poured myself a cup of tea and am going to take a break and sit on our front porch.  We haven’t sat there much this summer because of the mosquitoes but maybe they are having their morning nap.  Do mosquitoes sleep??  I love our front porch, just 2 rocking chairs a little wicker table and some ferns.



     We also have a little pond which is more annoying than soothing because we bought a pump that was too        powerful for the size, so sometimes I just turn it off.
                                                       Do you remember where I live?  Here it is.
 Next to the door there is a planter with two ferns that I had from last summer and I managed to keep them alive inside all winter.  They weren’t looking too healthy when they first got out here but now they are thriving.  I love ferns and the deer don’t eat them.

Do you have time to join me for a little chat?  I’ve got a new teapot and surprise…it’s not blue and white!


Do you want to see my latest bargains? I got these 2 vases recently, thrift shop and yard sale finds, $1 for the striped and $2 for the other one.


I was thinking I could make it look a little cozier out here, so I brought out a cushion for the rocker.  It looks pretty but not comfortable at all.
  When I started this little blog almost 7 years ago, I hoped it would be a place where people could come and relax,  a place where you might get encouraged a little or get an idea of something you could do in your own home.  I hoped it would be a place where you could leave feeling refreshed, like you’d had a cup of tea and a chat with a good friend.
The blogging world has changed so much since then.  But I still think there is a room for someone like me just to hang out with my friends and talk about whatever is on my mind.  I have really missed chatting with you and plan to be here more often.  So I hope you’ll come back again.
                                                                           Rhondi xo
Do any of you remember any of my summer porch parties?    Here is one from 2009.  Lots of people joined in that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi