Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday


There are so many things to be thankful for all the time.  Sometimes they are major, sometimes they are little seemingly insignificant things.  I am thankful for them all.

Today I am thankful for:

786. sunshine on a cold day

787. car lent by a friend until we can find another one

788. lessons from the birds at our feeders

789.encouragement from fellow bloggers

790. nice long chat with daughter in law in Texas

791. lots of projects to work on

792. daffodils getting ready to bloom at my back door

793. all the wonderful people I've met at church

794. weekend with my sister

795. tea from Canada

I'm getting closer to that one thousand gifts goal!


Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,

If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something

For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.

During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations

Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge

Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes

They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary

Because it means you’ve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are

also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles

and they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown

 
What are you thankful for today?  Come sit and have a cup of tea and tell me all about it.  I'd love to know.

Rhondi xo

20 comments:

  1. I'm in, as usual. Love the *be thankful for your mistakes*. At one time I wouldn't have understood that. Have a great Thursday, Rhondi! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very good things to be Thankful for! Today I am most Thankful for my church family!
    Have a Great Beautiful day that the Lord has made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful posting!
    I'm thankful for a nice sunny day, good health, loving family and good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daffodils ready to bloom! oh Rhondi! That is a joyful thing indeed:>) I would love to sit and have tea with you and discuss our many blessings. We would be there all day:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list of thankfulness is lovely. I am thankful that my wonderful husband has the coffee made for me each morning when I get up.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. What nice thoughts. My parents have a garden and and love all the birds that come to the feeders, too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your thankful posts are always encouraging and turn my heart to what I'm thankful for. Such a positive way to be thinking. Enjoy the sun today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your author may be unknown, but what a wonderful writer he/she is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I've joined in again but I see you didn't do McLinky this time. You are certainly well on your way to getting to 1000. Always so much to be thankful for. Loved your previous post about color. I love all the whites out there but definitely don't have white in my home. It's all about color around here. Hope all is well and so nice to hear that a friend lent you a car. Take care and best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhondi, I'm always thankful to visit your blog and read your lovely thoughts. I didn't realize you have family in TX. What area?
    It's cold, wet, and dreary here, so I'd welcome some of you sunshine and those daffodils that are about to bloom. Wonderful! My garden needs lots of attention, but will have to wait till it warms a bid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful for so many things. I love to visit your blog and read your wonderful posts. I am thankful for my precious family, and sweet friends. I am thankful for a loving God who watches over even the little sparrow. Thanks for sharing today.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rhondi,

    I'm thankful for your blog, still at the top of my favorites! It's so refreshing and I just LOVE all your photos. I find nearly as much inspiration in the pictures of your lovely home as I do in your writing. :)

    Have a wonderful evening.

    Loretta in GA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rhondi,
    What wonderful things to be thankful for! I am thankful for the inspiration I get from reading your posts. I adore your home!
    Take care and enjoy your valentine weekend.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so thankful every day! Thank-you for such a beautiful post.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once agagin some really special things there to be thankful for Rhondi!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am thankful that my Mom has finally allowed me to get her some help to take care of my Daddy. Mom has been his primary caregiver for several years now since the onset of Alzheimer's. While I help out two days a week, it has just not been enough. My Mom has been a saint and she deserves more breaks to just relax and enjoy her life. Now there will be another caregiver in three days a week to give my Mom a break. My prayers have been answered.

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful post! I am thankful for the best sister in the whole world....

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely thoughts. I'm joining in today too. Wish I could take you up on your offer of a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely blue and white header photo... That's just the prettiest little place to sit looking out your window. Green with envy just a teeny bit.

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Rhondi... I'm thankful that I have met so many lovely people through blogging and that there really are many very, very nice people who think it's good to be nice with all it implies... kindness, good cheer, thoughtfulness, thankfulness, politness, and the other attributes of basic civility that go along with the adjective of "nice." To me, nice never goes out of style. It's living Corinthians 13 to the best of one's ability, and it's living for the Lord.
    For that and those who practice nice, I'm thankful!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi