Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Visit With A Friend

I told you I was going to visit a blogging friend. If you visited her blog today then you know who it is already. I set out early in the morning to drive to her home. I drove toward the mountains
And finally arrived at this gate and as I walked up to the door, out she came. What a surreal moment. It was like walking on the set of your favorite TV show and the star is right there to greet you! And when we went inside it was fun to look around and see how all the things I had seen on her blog fit together to become a warm welcoming and gracious home.


I had only seen Penny on my computer screen a couple inches tall and there she was larger than life! Here we are in her dining room standing in front of the wonderful china cabinet she painted red.

It was like we were long time friends. You know when you get together with an old friend you just sort of pick up talking from where you left off last time?
Penny's house is even more beautiful than her pictures show! And she is just as sweet as can be. We visited for awhile at her home and then headed into town. It is a charming town with lots of interesting shops and restaurants. We had lunch at the Living Room. Our lunch was a comedy of errors, everything I tried to order they didn't have and then when they finally brought our meal they brought me the wrong thing! It was quite comical really. After lunch, we checked out a couple of antique malls and a few thrift shops. We both bemoaned the fact that thrifting in NC is not as good as some of y'all have. As we were roaming through one of the antiques malls, Penny remarked that we weren't very good bloggers because we forgot to take a photo of our lunch! Oops!
Penny gave me a gift wrapped in red toile paper and black and white checked ribbon : a darling little blue and white plate in a pattern I'd never seen before and some of her fragrant lavender soap. I didn't take a picture of it either!
It was just the loveliest day ever!
Rhondi xo

22 comments:

  1. Hi Rhondi
    Isn't it fun to meet a blogging friend? That "I know you already" feeling is priceless!
    I've gone over to have a look at Penny's site - what a treat.
    I'm glad to read that you had such a good time - like cementing a friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhondi, Thank you for the answers! I don't know what happened to your earlier reply, these things happen from time to time.
    I love that red china cabinet. Your home has made me want to add more red to mine. It looks like Penny has very similar taste to you in home decor. I have yet to have my very own blog friend meet up but love reading about everyone else's.
    If you get a chance, you should take a peek at my post today. At the bottom, I have a quilt I just finished. It is no where near as elaborate as yours but the colors are right up your alley.
    Many thanks, Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you could get together with Penny! I know you both had a good time.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read on Penny's blog earlier that it was you that she met. That is so sweet! I know y'all had a blast! Even though they messed up your order at lunch! That happens to me all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the best time Rhondi! And I am looking forward to many more get togethers with you! I feel like I have know you forever.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW you met a blogging friend too - so did I the other day and 'yes' it was just like meeting an old friend - such fun!! I'm glad your visit was as happy as mine. Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I know how you feel. I had the pleasure of going to Pa. and meeting Sweetie, and it was great.
    We had very limited time, but I know we will get together again.
    Glad you had fun.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day. I went to Pennys blog and she is one creative lady. Thanks for sharing about your special day.
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rhondi,
    I am so jealous!!! Two of my favorite blogger together at Penny's home, what could be more enchanting than that? Someday.

    So glad that you had such a lovely time together.
    Karen

    P.S. Did you peek in her art studio? I told Penny I would love to sit there while she works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhondi...I think this is the first time I have ever seen you...and you are just as cute & sweet as I imagined...so is Penny, of course...it is wonderful you both had a lovely day together!
    ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two of my favorite bloggers together, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy you had such a lovely time with that sweet Penny. How wonderful for you ....
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what fun! I'm so glad the two of you got to meet. And what a great picture of both of you! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know you had a wonderful time! I'm posting Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! I'm so glad you and Penny could meet and spend time together. It would have been fun to join you but it's a bit far to go. Thanks for sharing your day with us. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful that you got to meet and spend the day together! I think getting to meet blogging friends is the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a sweet story. Blogging really is fun. You meet lovely people and if you're lucky become friends with them. Like you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I envy you both! You are both such sweethearts how lovely it would be to meet in person:>)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful to meet a blogging friend in person!!! Looks like you both had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun! I love that Penny! I'm glad you all had a lovely time...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun! I love that Penny! I'm glad you all had a lovely time...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Rhondi,

    How nice that you could meet each other! I had the same thing with Heidi, really nice and so special to meet someone in person ...

    Hugs, Carolien

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi