Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Year In Review

Hello dear friends
The tree is down.  The Christmas decorations are all back up in the attic.  It’s a new year with a fresh page on a brand new calendar.  My calendar has pictures of the grandkids all over it, a gift from my sweet daughter in law, who along with our son and their two boys moved to Hong Kong yesterday!!
Do you write goals for the new year?  At the beginning of each new year I write a few goals in my journal. This morning I looked at my goals for last year.  I didn’t complete one of them!
But that’s not going to stop me from making goals for 2014!
I always choose a word for the year.  This year’s word is GRATITUDE and a by product of that will be JOY.  I have been counting GIFTS for a couple of years along with Ann at Holy Experience and yet I still struggle with being grateful.   So GRATITUDE is my word for 2014 .
Looking back over my blog I was surprised to find that I got quite a few projects done in 2013. So here is my year in review in photos.
                      Removed white paint and refinished dining room table top to original wood.



                                             Made a quilt for our youngest grandchild on his first birthday.



                                       Painted a little thrifted table with Annie Sloan chalk paint.



Used  some old jeans to make a slipcover for this chair and ottoman that my husband likes to sit in.  It is so durable!



Slipcovered the couch in our TV room with 2 thrifted matelasse bedspreads.  Made new cushion covers for the back from fabric I already had.


 Recycled some sweaters into pillow covers.



Tried my hand at sewing hexagons.  The plan was to make a quilt but got impatient so I made a pillow cover instead.  I am working on a second one which is almost done.



Made a new quilt for our bed.  I also sewed 2 other quilt tops that are just waiting for me to quilt them.


 Made slipcovers for our 2 wing chairs, but didn’t like the brown and white fabric when they were all done :(


                               Painted the front hall walls white then stenciled the upper section.



            Found this great dresser at Salvation Army and painted it with Annie Sloan Louis Blue chalk paint.



                                      Spray painted our ugly brass and black chandelier with white paint.



                                                             Painted the living room walls white.



Make another set of slipcovers for these chairs using matelasse bedspreads from a garage sale. Total cost $20  Which is a good thing since I wasted money on the brown and white ones.



Last and by far the best project of 2013 was our daughter’s wedding which was in October.
So that’s 2013 year in review.  I didn’t get any of my written down goals completed I did manage to do a few projects around the house.
I am looking forward to 2014 being the best year ever! How about you?
Rhondi xo
Linking up with Common Ground  Be Inspired Party.  Be sure to go and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi