Friday, January 11, 2008

I Miss My Cats

Good afternoon my dear blogging friend. I am so glad you stopped by. It gives me an excuse to take a break from priming my kitchen cabinets! Come and sit down for awhile. Maybe you could leave a comment so I will know you were here.Let me tell you about our cats. We used to have 3 cats, all adopted. First there was Smokie, who belonged to our 2 youngest kids. When their living situation changed they couldn't have cats, so we got Smokie. He is HUGE, not fat but just big and he's a dear cat.
Then there was a stray cat in the neighborhood who had kittens which she decided to raise under the bushes right beside our front porch. We were sitting there one afternoon and I looked over and there were 3 little kittens sitting looking at us. Our daughter talked us into keeping 2, with a promise to take them when she moved out. We found a home for the other. So true to her word she took the 2 and Smokie also because she said he would miss them too much.

So for the first time in my life we have no cats. It's great to not have cat hairs all over everything and no litter box to clean, but there's no cat to sit on my quits while I sew or beside me while I read a book.
This is Oliver. He likes to sleep in the most awkward positions and always on a quilt! This is Smokie cleaning Cleo. He was always licking them making sure they were clean. We used to call him Uncle Smokie when the kittens were new because he took care of them just as if they were his family. It was really neat when we found Cleo under the bushes because 20 years earlier we found some kittens by our front door. We kept two and one we named Patches. We lost little Patches to old age and Cleo is identical to Patches in how she looks and acts and even the sound of her meow. Our daughter said we were "meant" to get her. I believe she may be right!
Smokie and Cleo always liked to sleep together. This reminds me of one of Charles Wysoscki 's cat prints. And here's the three of them. They look like I just woke them from a nap. I probably did since I think cats sleep 22 hours a day.
So those are our cats. I miss them but our daughter only lives 10 minutes from here so I can see them whenever I want. For the time being that is just fine. Barb if you read this please don't go and get us a cat. I'll let you know if and when we want another one!
Hope you have a good wekend!

17 comments:

  1. AHHH! I just love cats! We have only one right now and are looking for one like him. Our fingers are crossed. I would miss not having a cat in the house. I too love having them around when I am quilting. Cats and quilts just go together! Yours were just gorgeous! I am glad your daughter lives so close and you can pop over to visit these little furbabies. Cats are charmers and I bet you love seeing them now and then.

    Thanks for your sweet comments and I too am so very glad you found my blog through Mary. I just love my visits with you! Whatever you have happening at the moment, remember you are not alone.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat photos made me smile! They are such entertaining creatures, even when asleep. The neighbors cat is at my door right now wanting in, and he will get in. No question, I'm a softie.
    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont worry, i will not be buying you a kitten, but just let me know when you want one and I will be happy to find the perfect cat for you!! :) As we speak, all three cats are sitting here looking at me, with the tape measure laying on the floor ready to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhondi! I wanted to stop by and let you know that I tagged you. Stop by my blog and take a look. Hope you are having a fun Saturday! My DH did not go on his business trip to the States as he is now sick. He is worse than I was last week.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I had a cat too for many years & had to find her another home cause my hubby is SO alergic to cats. I had a dog & cat for about 14 years & I miss them both so much, but I'm with you...don't miss the pet hair! I don't think I will ever go back to having pets in the house again. They sure are sweet though. Your pics are precious.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat photos are so pretty.
    I would miss them too - although I must agree about the hairs!!!
    I love my dogs, my chocolate lab is terrible for leaving hair all over the wooden floors. I will miss him when he is gone though.
    Hugs,
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhondi- First of all let me say what a beautiful blog you have. I love everything about it....the cats...cuz I love cats....the music...I love everyone of the songs you listed....your quilts..they are fantastic...and the photos of your home. It is always nice to meet another Christian artist. Thank you for visting and commenting on my blog. To answer your question regarding the language translator I use on my blog, simply go to the following address and click on the link to add it to your blog.
    http://translator.live.com/

    Take care
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, they are soooo cute! I love cats, but I am allergic to them. Currently I am having allergy shots twice a week to help me with my allergies to cats, mold and dust mites....maybe in a couple of years I can have one!

    I am having a give away.. Stop by and visit!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! They are darling! Smokie is beautiful...look at the coat on him! I am so glad you had rescues, that is what Siam is! I got him when he was 6 months old! And now look at him...18 years young! LOL!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cats are so beautiful. I have enjoed my vist here. You know how to make a person feel right at home. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank's for your comment on my blog!
    Beautiful cats! It is so nice to read this post!

    You have a beautiful blog!

    Have a nice Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a joy to see the photographs, guaranteed to bring a smile to anybody! Have a great Sunday and thanks for visiting my blog.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhondi,
    Just stopped by to say hello. Stop on by and sign up for my giveaway.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwww, how sweet they all look. Are you sure you can live your life without a kittycat or two coz I know for sure that I can't. The pics of sleeping Oliver are fun! What a cutey he is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't read any of the other comments simply because I rushed here to ask, "Honey, would you like a kitty?" I have some ferals that are so amazing and you seem like the perfect home. Whoops, where do you live?! Never noticed that. Will have to backtrack. For some reason it seemed as if you were just next door. I doubt it. Gotta go to do some research!

    Loved your post. It was beyond precious.

    XO Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cats just being cats. How lovely. We used to have 2 Siamese and after they died we did not replace them but how I love cats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what sweet kitties. We have four cats and I definitely hate all the cat hair and the litter, but they (the cats, not the hair and litter) keep me such good company. I love the bright fabrics in your quilts - they make me smile. I'm reading through your older posts now trying to find full pics of them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi