Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wisdom From Proverbs

I like to read Proverbs. Usually I try to read one chapter each day. There is always so much wisdom there. This is what I read today and posted it as my WORD FOR THE DAY : A cheerful look gives joy to the heart and good news gives health to the bones. How often a smile has cheered my day! How about you? I am sending smiles your way today. Hope it brings joy to YOUR heart!

My dear friend Angela at Cottage Magpie gave me this award. I am supposed to pass it onto someone else who's blog "makes my day" How do I decide? I love so many of your blogs. Who do I send it to? Mary, Heidi, Cindy, Rhoda, Kari & Kejsa, Andrea, Janet, Suzanne, Kim, Karla, Tracey, Catherine, Penny, Pat, BJ? I could go on and on. I love so many of your blogs. So if you have visited me and left a comment then consider this award presented to you because when I read your comments it makes my day.

As I was reading Proverbs today I also read this: Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred. (I wonder if the writer of Proverbs was also telling us that vegetables are better for us than red meat?) It made me think of the delicious WHITE BEAN AND WINTER SQUASH HOT POT that Mary at Across the Pond had on her blog yesterday. It 's a cold day here today, perfect for some hot vegetables. So if it's cold where you are today go visit Mary and try out her recipe. It looks yummy.

Spread some smiles around today :)
Rhondi

12 comments:

  1. Hi Rhondi,
    Congrats on your award and it's nice to meet you! I got the little garden ornament in a shop in Cary, NC. The website is www.bottman.com. Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award. As I clicked on your blog it started snowing like the dickens here. So, thanks for sending me to check out a Hot Pot. If I have the ingredients, it's gonna be dinner!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhondi, a well-deserved award, thank you for the smiles, they made my day!
    Smiling back at you - Lucy X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting with you also makes my day! I enjoy our 'cups of tea' together. You are so right about smiling making a difference. So the smile you spread to me, I would like to spread back to you again. Congratulations on your award my friend! You deserve it.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award!!
    I saw that recipe on Mary's blog as well. It does sound yummy.
    Have a great day!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. The pictures are from my kitchen, taken on a (rare, these days) sunny day :-). I loke to read the Proverbs, too. So much wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well honey, I'm not on your Blog List, but see my name above, or is that another Suzanne? If it is I'll be so embarrassed! If not, thank you! Give me a shout so I know whether of not to particpate! And yes, of course I'm laughing. :)

    Just so you know, I am SO NOT religious, but reading Proverbs this morning was wonderful. Thank you. And you're not going to believe this, but I eat veggies for breakfast every morning (or oatmeal). I'm a vegetarian because I hate to hurt animals/fish and because I simply love veggies. My favorite morning meal is two zucchini's sauteed in lemon oil with a bit of salt and a side order of fresh tomatoes! Devine.

    And just so you know, yesterday I smiled at everyone I met just to see the reaction. It was terrific! Yes, smiles do matter.

    Love your blog and so happy I met you.

    XO Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honey,

    I've linked to you. Sorry. There was no way I couldn't!

    XO Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please forgive my spelling errors. They weren't actually spelling errors b/c I do know how to spell words despite the way I butchered the Enlish language, just typeos. Very tired when I wrote to you! I'm so glad I'm the Suzanne. Will get right on that as soon as I find a bit of time!

    Thanks for your inspiration and kindness.

    Much love,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Rhondi,
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog... I have been to yours before... those sweet cats you miss awwww.
    Can you email me? I really wanted to talk to you about your suggestions for my kitchen....
    Linda
    msmith3793@sprintpcs.com
    Ps I'm adding you to my links...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rhondi! Congrats on the award!! And thank you for the smiles!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi