Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rest and Be Thankful Part 2

Good morning my blogging friends.

Thanks to you who left a comment and let me know what you are thankful for! My friend Mary from Across the Pond had a great idea and I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it with you. Every day she is going to write down one thing that she's thankful for and put them all in a jar. At the end of the year she'll read them all. I think that is a wonderful idea and I am going to do it too!

Today I was thinking about REST. All of need to rest. Even God rested on the seventh day after he had created the earth. So if even God Almighty needs rest how much more do we mere mortals need it! What do you do when you want to relax and rest?

Do you make yourself a cup of tea and curl up with a good book? Do you pour yourself a nice glass of wine and put on some favorite relaxing music and just enjoy being still and quiet?
Perhaps you pick up your bible and read some of your favorite verses, like "Come unto me all you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest"
Maybe you just curl up on the couch under your favorite old quilt or throw and have a nap.
Whatever is your way of relaxing and having a rest don't forget to do it. No matter how busy you are you'll be better off if you take time to rest. Oh and don't forget to be thankful too!
See you tomorrow.
Rhondi xo

14 comments:

  1. I love your music. That is a restful version of that song. I have it on my blog by Louis Armstrong. It is a great song.
    Love your quilt and your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good post! I love to have a cup of tea and read a book when I want to relax!
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! a cup of tea and book are nice. Thank you.

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sofa looks so comfy with that quilt! I like to relax and read magazines with a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhondi,
    What great posts ~ being thankful...

    I am going to go find a jar in my kitchen and start this today.

    For today: Positive people that share their joy.

    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhondi

    R&R - what a good idea. I'm in need of some right now! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your good wishes.

    Happy New Year.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rhondi, I'm going to visit you for a daily dose of inspiration! I can't remember the last time I consciously stopped for a rest on a working day? When I get home from work today, I'm going to sit on the back veranda with some tea and take a few quiet moments to be thankful!
    Bless you,
    Kelleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a nap person. My husband is. I love to get a cup of coffee or tea and browse through magazines or decorating books. I also love to go for a walk in the forest. That is relaxing too.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Rhondi! I think your (and Mary's) idea for thankfulness jar is a great idea! Humm, maybe I will join you in this one. I will look for a jar today. It would be fun to see what all I write by the end of the year.

    I relax in a number of ways. First as you may be realizing, I love having a cup of tea. And there you are with yet another beautiful tea cup! :) I relax with a good book but I also find it relaxing to sit with my needle in my hand and either stitch or quilt. I seem to need a daily fix of holding that needle even if just for 15 minutes.

    Hope your Friday is a perfect one!

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again! Sorry but I forgot to say I love the pink and white quilt draped over your sofa. Is it an old quilt or one of your own beauties?


    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. These days I relax by doing the blog. I do need a more comfortable chair though, but I always have a nice mug of tea at my side. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhondi,
    It's always a book on the sofa for me. Although I have to admit that I sometimes find creating a new vignette for my end tables restful in a strange way, too. I suspect it has something to do with satisfying the creative urge within.
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful post! I'm guilty of not taking time to rest and relax. I love Mary's idea of putting her thanksgivings in a jar. I'll be trying to rest more often this year. ~ Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi
    I am reading all your back posts and i love them i love your attitude towards life and i am sure i will learn a lot from you....
    Thanks for this lovely post

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi