Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kitchen Redo

Hi

A couple of you were asking how my kitchen redo was coming along. Slow! I painted all the cabinets and put new hardware on them. All the walls are painted lime green and I've just about finished all the trim and doors. I am going to tile the backsplash just plain white, but am having trouble finding a pure white tile. All the white tiles are a little on the cream side so they just look dirty next to the pure white cabinets. So far I've just checked Lowes and Home Depot so tomorrow I think I'll try calling some of the tile places listed in the yellow pages.

Having the kitchen only partially done has not deterred me from starting to add accesories!
One thing I am good at, actually 2 things: Hanging stuff on the walls and arranging things on tables, counters, any horizontal space that is handy.

So here are a few of the plates hung up. They are all small plates, 5" or 6".
And here is a little grouping on the island. You may recognize the green bowl. It was on the table in the hall last week! It's all yard sale finds, except the miniature teapot. I love the green plate they are sitting on. It was a bargain at 50 cents.

So as you can see I've got a teapot handy in case you should pop by for a visit. I hope you will. If you don't have time to stay I hope you'll take a minute and leave a comment.

Until next time...

Rhondi xo

18 comments:

  1. Hi Rhondi,
    Your kitchen redo looks great! Love the colors. Accessorizing is what it's all about!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at my blog!
    I told everyone about your blog!
    everyone needs to see your sewing room
    I read on Leas blog you said you were taking a class in march with Gwen...can you blog about it and tell us more!
    I love her work.
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving us a 'peek' at your new kitchen! I can't wait to see the final result. Lime green goes so well with blue and white. I noticed a saying in the corner of the picture! Wonder what it says?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhondi!
    I am popping in for tea! Your kitchen is looking great. I love the blue and green color combination.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhondi, lovely kitchen and beautiful blue and whites,my favorite too..
    I like my tea strong, no sugar totsy amount of milk please, I shall bring the cakes and scones!
    regards Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thank you for your nice comment on my blog!
    I really like your color taste. Combination of all colors look so classy.
    I love to visit your blog very often from now on!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhondi!!
    Oh I just love the colors you have going on in your kitchen:-). The greens, blues and yellows just compliment one another so well..
    Have a wonderful evening and good luck on your search for the right tiles:-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of your kitchen and all your treasures..

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your green bowl is soooo cheerful with the lemons in it! And I am on cheer this afternoon for some reason. I just went so far as to put "Shiney happy people" on my blog tunes to reflect my mood. LOL!! Maybe it is because my chairs are finished and I love them so much they are now staying in my living room which I have made some changes to? :)

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen is wonderful! So full of life. I'll be by soon for tea - not too strong, no sugar. Just a cup while we have a good visit. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that lime green and blue color combo! I am using lime green on my next quilt project for my deck.

    Did you start to read the 'New Year's Quilt' yet?

    I can't wait to hear what you thought of it. I am assuming all of the others,too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you like blue and white! So do I.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the green and blue together... what a bold girl you are. You have more blue and white dishes than I do...I just love them.... after seeing your kitchen ...I am diffidently going to paint mine yellow..like we talked about... did you do the cabinets yourself? Gosh that would be alot of work.
    LInda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, what a tease that little picture is! Your vignette is so cute, too. More, I want more! :-)
    ~Angela :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful... I love the combination of green and blue; is such a good marriage :)

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Rhondi, how beautiful all your blue and white is! It reminds me of some gorgeous photos in Carolyne Roehm's book "At Home." Have you seen it? I think you'd love it...
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. The kitchen is great! Love the wall color!
    Jen R

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi