Sunday, March 2, 2014

Enough is Enough Plate Collection

When do you say, “Enough is enough?”   I am asking myself that question.  You see I have a few plates, blue and white ones. I guess I should call it a plate collection

 The first place I  hung some plates in this house was in our sunroom above the windows.
My plate collection began quite unintentionally the first time I used plates for decor on our walls.  That was in our family room in the early 90’s.   I think I had about 5 or 6 plates, a couple of which I stole from our everyday Blue Willow china. Then we moved to Pennsylvania, which was garage sale heaven and I began to find blue and white plates everywhere that were so cheap, sometimes only 25 cents.  And so my collection began.

After the sunroom I hung smaller ones in the kitchen above the cabinets, just the perfect size for bread and butter or salad plates.

                                   
                          They don’t go all the way around yet, but they’re getting there.

                                               
                                             Then I put some on the dining room walls.


 As I began to get more plates I went back to the kitchen and started to hang them in other places: the wall where the phone used to be.  The blue willow plate on the left side hides the phone connection.


When I removed the top of the hutch it gave me an extra wall in my kitchen, so I began to hang them in a random way. As you can see there is still room for more.
The other day I was wondering how many plates I have hanging on the wall, so I counted them. What is your guess?  30?  40?   If you guessed any of those numbers you would be wrong. I am embarrassed to say I have 81 plates hanging on my walls!!
I guess I have to say “enough is enough”
Do you have something you have collected that maybe it’s time to say, “Enough is enough?”
                                                                     Rhondi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi