Friday, August 30, 2013

Painted Furniture With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

I’ve always liked the look of painted furniture and one of the things I love is bringing an old piece of furniture back to life.
I found this dresser at our local Salvation Army store.  I have been looking for something like this at garage sales thrift shops and craigslist for awhile.   Most of the furniture at the Salvation Army these days is way overpriced. So earlier this week when I was at our local SA, and saw this for $80, I grabbed it.  It has nice clean lines and I knew it was the perfect piece to use my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  on.

Lots of nice details to distress.


                                                                     Very nice drawer pulls.


                                                                    No need to replace these.


 Here is the finished piece in our newly painted and stenciled front hall.  More about that in another post.



The top was in good condition so I left it alone and used Annie Sloan  Louis Blue on the rest.  If there is anyone reading this who still hasn’t tried this paint, you are missing a treat.  No sanding or priming!  You just slap it on.  


                                                    The details on it were perfect for distressing


 I haven’t waxed it yet but  I was anxious to see how it would look so I put all the drawer handles on and will have to take them off when I get ready to wax it!


 I am really happy about how well it turned out. Next time I’ll show you more about the stenciling in the front hall.  As soon as I get everything painted you are invited for tea.
Rhondi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi