Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spring Mantle



What a crazy week we have had here.  This time last week we were blanketed under 6 inches of snow and today it’s 72 and flowers are blooming!  The buds on our cherry tree in the front yard are opening.  Crocuses are popping up and camellias are blooming.  Our daffodils aren’t quite open yet but I saw several in neighbor’s gardens when I went for a walk this morning.



Edie at Life in Grace had a post on arranging your mantle and since I was feeling like spring I decided to redo my living room mantle as a spring mantle .
My method is to gather  a whole bunch of stuff from other areas of my house or from the closets.  Then I just start putting the stuff up there.  I’ll stand back and look and then add or remove or re arrange it until I like the finished look .


 Since it was such a beautiful spring day I had to start with flowers.  I’ve had this forsythia for a long time and just love it because it looks so real



 More spring flowers, tulips and daffodils.  Sorry to all you purists out there, but, they’re fake too.  As soon as I have daffodils blooming in my garden  I’ll replace them :)















So that is my spring mantle. You might think I have too many things on my spring mantle, but I just can’t seem to pull off the simple uncluttered look!
It was interesting when I went to link to Edie just now, I noticed that her post was ” 4 Gifts to Give Your Mantle”.    I must confess that I didn’t read the post the first time. I just looked at the pictures.  Do you ever do that?   Well Edie, you might be happy to know that I gave my mantle all 4 gifts unintentionally.
On Friday Edie is having a “happy mantle day” and encouraging everyone to post their mantles on Instagram using the hashtag #loveyourmantle.  Even if you don’t do a post, come on over to Instagram and post your photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi