Wednesday, May 14, 2008

For The Birds

We have a couple of birdfeeders in out yard and I love to watch the birds. So come outside with me and let's see who is at the feeder right now. We can sit out on the deck. There is a good view from there. Feel welcome to use the binoculars. I got out our bird book just in case we see any new birds I don't recognize.
Our neighbor's cat has stopped by. He likes to watch the birds too. He's welcome as long as all he does is watch!
This is the time of day that the birds are usually busy at the feeder , but every time I tried to get close they flew away, so here are some pictures of the birds in our backyard compliments of Google images!
cardinals
house finch
chickadee


downy wooodpecker
red bellied woodpecker
carolina wren

goldfinches

towhee
So many of you have left comments and I feel badly that I've been so slow in responding back, but please know that I really appreciate it when you take the time to comment and I plan to visit each and every one of you as soon as I can.
Hope you have had a good day today.
Rhondi xo
































13 comments:

  1. We have a neighbor's cat that likes to visit our yard too and watch the birds! The bird photos are great.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks wonderful!
    I can't wait til the weather here gets nice enough to sit outside and enjoy the birds!
    I hung my hummingbird feeders yesterday! I have been enjoying them from the window!

    Hugz, Dolly

    P.S. I'd love to see more of your pond! We are installing one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you worry one second about being busy. It happens to all of us.

    I would love to sit and watch the birds with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have a lot of different visitors to feed at your house.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place to watch the birds! We love watching the birds, too. What a good time we could have together :-) ((hugs)) Rosie

    Oh, I almost forgot! Happy Birthday to you "Baby" girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get lots of birds in our garden as well. I have always been an avid bird watcher. We don't get cardinals over here but we get other lovelies, and they are very hard to get a picture of as they move so quickly! SOmeday when I can afford it I'm getting a camera with a faster shutter speed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is there about cardinals that make your heart skip a beat for joy?! Its always a thrill to see one. I've enjoyed your post...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rhondi,

    How nice of you to say Hello on my blog again! It's too late, but nevertheless congratulations on your daughters birthday!
    I love the pictures of the birds: they look so exotic compared to their Dutch relatives ... beautiful! Thanks for sharing & have a great weekend.

    Hugs, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics of my fave lil friends..the birds..
    smiles, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Watching the birds is one of my favorite past times.Right now our cat is on house arrest because the little robins in the nest in front of the house are trying to leave.
    Best wishes
    Brenda:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just love this post on the birds! I have so many in my backyard and they give me so much enjoyment, especially the blue jays because they are the prettiest shade of blue! I also have cardinals, robins, starlings, sparrows, Carolina wrens, goldfinches, and hummingbirds. Flying over the river, I see gulls, Canada Geese, some other big birds, and once I saw an eagle! Hmmm, I think I need to get some binoculars too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have exactly the same problem when attempting to photograph birds. They pick up on the slightest of movements. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an incredible place to sit and enjoy your garden and birdfeeders! I love the chair. Wish I could find one like it here.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi