Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Mary Mary quite contrary
How does your garden grow
With silver bells and cockle shells
And little maids all in a row

I bought this "little maid" at Old Time Pottery. I couldn't resist the blue and white polka dots! She is standing in front of the hydrangea bush which is just starting to bloom. Wait until you see the bush in full bloom. It is gorgeous!

Thanks for all the responses to my little shoe survey. According to the survey 91% of us are way below average. I'll wager that if I did poll of how many different things you collect, how many items in your largest collection, how many tea pots you have etc that we would all be well above average!

If you like bargain shopping you must pay a visit to Jamie at Centsiblemommy. She has a printable coupon for 15% off payless shoes right now and lots of other good stuff. She is a new blogger , so I'm sure she'd love you to stop by. Tell her I sent you!

Remember I told you that the little house finches had made a nest in the hanging fern again? Well this morning I looked out and there was a snake in the nest! I poked at him with a stick and he fell down and slithered away, but I don't think the little birdies survived. I just couldn't bear to look in the nest. I feel just terrible about it. Makes me want to forgo putting ferns there next year to avoid it happening again.

I am off to a fun morning at Wing Haven and then visiting one of the volunteers gardens so I'll probably have some pictures for you later.

Talk to you later
Rhondi xo

12 comments:

  1. I adore your little garden girl. My hydrangeas are just beginning to bloom now, too.

    You must certainly be right about a collecting survey. I know I would be over the edge.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little lady! I got a knot in my stomache reading about the snake in the nest. Poor birdies. I had a snake encounter this past weekend, they give me shivers but if one was in a nest I would get real brave too!

    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhondi, oh that is terrible about that snake! Thank you for stopping by with that link to the Beatrix Potter home in the Lake District. I added it to my post, as well as a link to you. Have a lovely day. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little girl!
    But how sad to hear this about your nest ...

    Hugs, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhondi,
    Love the "little maid" garden ornament!
    Ooooo, sorry to hear about the snake and the birdies. How sad.

    I love the flowers in the prior post, especially the rose! So beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    Also, liked the shoe post. I counted, and I have 31 pairs, that's including flip flops too! Wow, that seems like alot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A snake! YIKES! I would be so scared. I'm a wimp when it comes to snakes. So much so that my nephew even named his snake Joanne just to torment me.

    Good for you for getting him out of that nest. But you have to look and see if they made it. Let's hope so.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just so cute!! Thanks for visiting my blog. It will be very nice if get to meet in person! I'm adding you to my favorites! XOXO
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by!
    Stay tuned- we will have lots of goodies on line shortly and maybe an online class or two you might like!
    Lovely lovely blog you have!- I will definitely come again!
    Blissfully!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all love blue polka dot. I am very keen to see more of your garden Rhondi, the photo is lovely. I am sad to hear of the little finches, I can't believe a snake was amongst the ferns. We don't get to see snakes in our neighbourhood, just sparrowhawks. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little garden girl! She's adorable. I love polka dots and fall in love with everyone I see!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with Mary!!! Too Cute!! Can't wait to get back to posting, But stopped by to say hi....

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about your baby birds.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi