Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I got a message on our answering machine yesterday from my dear friend Dottie. We no longer live near each other and she just called to say she was reminiscing about all the good times we had together. It got me thinking about all the wonderful friends the Lord has given me over the years.
There have been the friends who were there when we all had little children at home and relied on one another for child rearing advice and adult conversation. There were the friends who I shared creative interests with and who challenged me to grow as an artist. There were the friends I met through church who helped me to grow spiritually. There were the friends who supported us and prayed for us when our 11 year old son was going through chemo. He's now almost 33. Praise God! There were the friends who gave us some money when my husband lost his job. There were the friends who encouraged me, loved me, laughed with me and cried with me. There have been friends who were very similar to me and ones who were totally different from me. There are the old friends from when I was in second grade and there are the new friends I've made since I took up quilting. And now I have all of you new friends that I've met since I began to write my blog.
My life has been enriched by the friends I have had and I hope that I have been able to enrich their lives too in some way.

This is a quilt which my new group of quilting friends and I made for the raffle at our quilt guild. It is very large so I couldn't get far enough away from it to get it all in! Isn't it great?

So today I am thankful for all the friends I've had over the years. What are you thankful for today?
Rhondi xo

16 comments:

  1. I am most thankful to be a mother. My gals make me smile and laugh and sometimes cry. I'm crazy about them and know I wouldn't want to go one day without lunches to pack, noses to wipe or soccer games to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am thankful for freinds (old and new) and for family. My mother passed away about 8 weeks ago, and I too, have been doing a lot of reminiscing lately. Aren't memories a wonderful and cherished thing?
    Your quilt is beautiful. Learning to quilt is on my "to do" list.

    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has blessed me in so many ways that I hesitate to mention one but because it's so close to Mother's Day I'll be thankful today for my Mother. She went hand in hand with my Dad to see Jesus almost 4 years ago and I miss her as much today as I did that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Thankful for all my blessings....family, friends, the cycle of life that Spring brings to the forefront!

    This what beautiful post and a most beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheerful quilt! And how nice to pause and think about what one is thankful for.

    I've been particularly thankful lately that I decided to try this blogging thing. I'm a writer and I didn't try blogging for a long time because I was afraid it would eat up my writing time. But what I've discovered is a world full of wonderful folks out there like you! Feeling more connected to people (instead of staring at my computer all day) has made my life richer and my writing--both my blog writing and book writing-- even more enjoyable!

    So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dear Rhondi!
    That quilt is simply gorgeous!
    Thank you for such a wonderful post, I always enjoy visting you!
    I am thankful for my life, it is a beautiful one that God has given me! I am thankful for my hubby, kids, friends, health, my doggies, my dear blog friends, and sooooo many things that my heart bursts with the amount of blessings...
    Hugs, Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dear Rhondi!
    That quilt is simply gorgeous!
    Thank you for such a wonderful post, I always enjoy visting you!
    I am thankful for my life, it is a beautiful one that God has given me! I am thankful for my hubby, kids, friends, health, my doggies, my dear blog friends, and sooooo many things that my heart bursts with the amount of blessings...
    Hugs, Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. A raffle for that glorious quilt... can I buy a ticket? That is the most beautiful quilt I have EVER seen...
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friends are wonderful blessing from God. I agree that the people on these blogs are great! They really care and help out when needed.

    That quilt is beautiful. I've always wished I knew how to make them. Whoever wins it will be one lucky person.

    Hugs
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just thankful to be alive. I've been blessed in so many ways and each day brings a new one, not the least having visited your journal this morning! Beautiful quilt and beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely way to remember friends by the chapters of your life. I love that, and I love this quilt, it is beautiful. I felt thankful today too, and I have a thank you gift on my post for you. I wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rhondi,

    You wrote such a good entry about your friends; feel the same way.
    And this quilt is BEAUTIFUL!

    Have a nice day & hugs, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful quilt, full of life and beauty! Today, I am thankful to be home from our trip, and able to sleep in our oh-so-comfortable bed..smile. Friends are everywhere...my best of all friends are my family and my books. Our Pastor, now in glory, used to say, expect a blessing and you will get one. I think its that way with friends too. Blogging has opened the door to friendships that have been such wonderful blessings to me...

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Rhondi, friends really are a blessing from God:>) That quilt is stupendous! Amazing! All those tiny pieces boggle my mind, but I love the colors and the flower border and everythign about it! SOmeone is going to be so lucky to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful quilt! So cheery! I love all the colors in it. Someone is going to be very happy to win this! I can just picture it in a cottagy bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi