Friday, January 25, 2013

Happiness is


Happiness is planning and working on a sewing project, especially a quilt.  As soon as I start to plan a sewing project, especially a quilt something inside me says, "Ah...this is what I was meant to do!"  It's like my brain waves operate  on a different  frequency or something.  I just feel so content.
My project right now is this quilt for our youngest grandchild, Pierce. His first birthday is next month, so I am a little late with it because it was supposed to be his baby quilt.  Anyway, his mom said she would like some thing in blue, so this is what I'm working on.
My sewing room has a bed smack dab in the middle but it comes in handy for laying our projects.  This is just a simple nine patch, nothing very complicated, a beginner could do it. But I love the contrast of the light and dark blues.
In my last post I said I'd have a cup of tea waiting the next time you come, but I don't even have the kettle on yet.  I promise if you drop by I'll stop what I am doing and make us a pot of tea.  It's very cold here in Charlotte today so a pot of tea will hit the spot.
Happiness for me is making quilts.  I'd love it if you'd leave a comment filling in the blank:  Happiness is _________
Looking at life through rose colored glasses,
Rhondi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi