Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013


Happy New Year 2013 dear friends.  I hope that you got to spend some time with your family and friends over the holiday.
In the last 3 weeks we have only been home 4 days!  I love my home.  I love to be at home.  I love to putter around my home.  That's what I am doing today.
We arrived home  last night after a 17 hour drive from Texas but I was anxious to get my house back to normal, so I've already got all the Christmas decorations down and boxed up, ready to go up in the attic until next year.  Every year I try to weed out some of it and I managed to eleiminate one big plastic bin.
Whenever we are away, the first this I do the next morning is make a cup of tea, and stand outside on our deck just to look at the woods.  This morning I was greeted by 3 deer chomping away on the azalea bushes.  They looked up at me as if to say, "Oh you're home.  Can we still finish our meal before we leave?"

As I stood there enjoying my tea and the mild weather for a few minutes, I noticed that the hellebores ( Lenten Roses) were blooming in  a sheltered part of the garden, so I picked one sprig to bring inside.  This is one of the things I love about living in Charlotte: flowers blooming outside in the winter!


The camellia bush was in full bloom too so I picked two of them also.  They are such a lovely shade of dark pink.



I haven't had a chance to think about goals for this year yet.  I have a few ideas about things I'd like to get done around the house.  I'm not a New Years resolution  person but I do like to make a few goals each year.
How about you?  What plans do you have for the coming year?
Rhondi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi