Monday, January 28, 2008

My Mother

Hello my dear blogging friends


I was thinking about my mother and missing her today. She died almost 5 years ago, but today for some reason I'm missing her. She was an amazing lady, kind , funny , intelligent, creative and beautiful. She did many amazing creative things but toward the end of her life she fell in love with watercolors and every painting she did was filled with love. I am lucky to have just a few and I thought I'd show them to you.


Mom loved flowers, especially geraniums and even after she moved into a condo she had the balcony filled with pots of geraniums. She especially liked those soft peach color ones and the pale pink ones and would always buy the biggest pots she could find. Geraniums were her favorite subject. This one called Flowers of Friendship, hangs above the mantle in our TV room. (The photo doesn't do it justice and has a reflection of pictures on the opposite wall on it.) It's quite large, 28"x36"This one called A Pot of Daffodils greets you as you come in our front door and looks nice against the yellow walls.Mom called this one My Garden in a Jar. Delphiniums are one of my favorite flowers (and they don't grow well here at all) so I was really happy to get this one. I love the blues in it and it goes perfectly with the blue of our bedroom walls.
Here is a close up.
Whenever I look at these paintings I think of my mom. My mom passed on her love of flowers and gardens and everything creative. I love you mom!

Rhondi xo

18 comments:

  1. Rhondi,
    What beautiful treasures your Mother left for you....she left herself in each one.....How blessed you are....

    My Mother died in 1991.....but she is very much alive in my memories....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! Your Mother was very talented. The paintings are such a wonderful memory of her. I love watercolors, especially florals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of her painting are beautiful! I love the daffodils! what a treasure she passed on to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom was very talented Rhodi.
    How nice she passed her love of gardens and flowers on to you.
    Thanks for sharing her beautiful paintings with us.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just gorgeous paintings... did she ever sell her art she was very talented...I know you must treasure each one....
    I'm so sorry....
    I did a post on my Mom today also.... she has Alzheimer's...
    Extra Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are lovely flower paintings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhondi, I just love your mothers paintings! How beautiful and special to have something from her own hands that is so pretty. I gave you the "Share the Love" award today:>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother was indeed talented...I don't care how old you are or how long they've been gone... you never stop missing your mom....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rhondi, those are so beautiful! Your mother's talent and joyous love of flowers comes through in every one.
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post Rhondi. Your Mum was a talented artist ~ absolutely gorgeous paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mother left you some beautiful treasures! My mom passed away 15 years ago when I was 32 years old. I still miss her deeply!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful treasures you have from your mother. My dear father died nearly 5 years ago and there isn't a day goes by that I don't think of him and miss him terribly. Some days more than others. We are blessed to have sweet memories. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Rhondi,

    What an artist your mother was! The paintings are wonderful. It must feel good to have these painted memories. Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Your mother was an amazing artist. How can you choose a favorite among these? I think they are each one so beautiful. I am glad you have these special reminders of her. I cannot imagine having to miss my mother and hope there are many many more years before I ever have to approach that day. I think your mother was looking down with a smile as you wrote this blog entry!

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful post Rhondi. Your mother was very talented, her paintings are beautiful! What lovely memories.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rhondi,your mother was very talented woman. Flowers are beautifull, Thank you for sharing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mother's paintings are beautiful. How good it is that you have these in your home. A great way to remember her.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mom passed away 3 years ago and I miss her so much!

    It is so wonderful that you have your Mom's beautiful paintings to see everyday. She was very talented!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi