Sunday, April 6, 2008

Awards, Tags, Books

Hi

How are you tonight? It seems there are always games of tag and awards going on in blogland. My dear friend Adrienne gave me this award. Thank you Adrienne. There are so many blogs that are excellent that I find it hard to pass this one on and leave out so many of you! So if you are reading this and you have a blog consider yourself awarded and pass it on to someone you think has an excellent blog.



Also my English friend Louise tagged me with a book tag.

The rules are -

Pick up a book of at least 123 pages

Open the book to page 123

Find the fifth sentence

Post the next three sentences

Tag five people.

So I took the book I am reading right now called Quilts From Heaven. Here is what the fifth and next 3 sentences on page 123 says:

I'm quite certain that many of the women who first developed this pattern, Trip Around The World, felt like pilgrims. The Greek word for pilgrim is pareipidemos, which simply means people who spend their lives going someplace. For those of us who have chosen to be followers of Christ, we are spending our lives going to God.

I'm just going to tag one person: Karen at Scrapbook of Inspiration.





Heidi, my sweet friend from The Netherlands tagged me to give a six word Meme. That was a hard one! Here is mine: Laughed, cried, worked, played, loved, prayed. I can't remember how many I am supposed to tag, but I'll just tag one: Deb at Posted From Home .



So that's all for today. Talk to you tomorrow!

Rhondi xo

13 comments:

  1. Oh Rhondi, what a wonderful idea, thank you for tagging me. I love a good mystery, and a bit of surprise, this sounds like so much fun. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award...I can see why you were honored...=). Here is the 5th sentence and the following 3 from the book I am reading.(Pretense, by Lori Wick) "Where were you? In his folks orchard. Oh Marrell, I couldn't believe it.The moon was shining, and he put a diamond ring on my hand." I first I couldn't get into this book, but now, I can hardly lay it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post...I love memes and tags! Gives us chances to know ea other a little better, which helps to make blogging so much fun!
    hugs,bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award, your blog is lovely. Thanks for doing the book tag, isn't it amazing how much you can learn just by reading a few sentences, these blogs are educational! You thought up a good one for the six word meme too, luckily I haven't been asked to do this one as I think I would struggle? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very sweet Six Word meme. Your flower arrangement on the previous blog is lovely - you had fun with that!
    It's still cold here, and damp, which is unusual. I haven't done a thing in the garden, but it's nice to see what's coming out of others' gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award dear Rhondi! It is one well deserved. I love those book MEMEs. Your book sounds really nice. I also loved your six word memoir. It is not an easy tag but does set you thinking. I enjoyed doing it myself and had to do it twice as I was tagged for both of my blogs.

    Hope your Monday is full of inspiration for a new week!

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhondi! I did the book tag for Louise, and I did the six word meme awhile ago too ;-) These things do get around!

    Nice to meet you and read your lovely blog. I enjoyed the cherry tree pictures so much! My son went to college in Washington DC, and I miss seeing all the blossoms this time of the year around the tidal basin.

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhondi! So glad you found my blog, and therefore I found yours! Yes, my banner is our living room. And like you, I'm a sucker for You've Got Mail!! The part that got me to crying was when she looked through the bookstore window and saw her mom twirling her when she was little.. I lost it right then and there! LOL
    I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of Cape Cod. It's such a beautiful place. My kids played on the same beach that I photographed back when they were little... Wonderful times...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cngrats on your award!! We love to read these tags!! The book sounds wonderful!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhondi..
    Just read your sweet note over at 'an enchanted cottage' and I see you have grown children and grandchildren plus you've been married 39 years ..we are almost the same age I am betting.. I have 3 grown sons, one grandson and 2 male cats(never get girls ~ ever~!!(:)... and am married 39 years will be 40 this summer..wow !
    your site is really, really pretty glad I stopped in ..hugs Patty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhondi,
    It's always refreshing to pop in to visit with you.

    I appreciate your visit and comment...Oprah does seem to have such a following and influence. I'm sorry she denies the Lord Jesus Christ as the only way.....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be sure to come by for the 2nd day of the big ROOSTER PARADE...
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rhondi
    Congratulations on your award & thank you for the tag :-} I will do it this week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi