Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tea in the Garden

Good morning
I was thinking that it's been awhile since we've had a good chat over a nice hot cup of tea. So I have taken the teapot and cups outside so we can enjoy this beautiful spring day. Let's sit near the azaleas. I'll get a chir for you.
Better move the tea tray nearer to your chair so you can reach it.
That chair looks pretty uncomfortable so try out this cushion.
Now I want you to tell me everything you've been up to over the last couple 2 weeks while I was away. Then a little bit later I'll take you for a walk around my garden so you can see what's blooming. So tell me, what's been going on with you?

Isn't blogland fun? In actual fact it is a little chilly right now to sit outside and the chair in the photo is just for decoration. You can't sit in it because the seat is broken. Also I crammed everything in a corner so it looked nice, but it's behind some bushes so it's not a place to sit at all. Makes me wonder...when we see those beautiful homes in our favorite magazines. Are they really anything like the photos?

Well I hope yours is as beautiful a day as mine is. We really will do that garden walk later. I am so glad you were able to stop and visit with me today.
Rhondi xo

11 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, Rhondi...Blogland is, in a way, our Fantasy Land, I think. We love to make pretty pictures...and dream....and, sometimes, "play like". We love to imagine, as you've done here, how nice it would be to be having tea outside with a friend.....even when it's still cool outdoors....
    It is just fun and that's it in a nutshell, I think......
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better believe those wonderful photo stylist not only do what you did....but bring along little props to make things look just right! I'm not complaining I love every minute of it.....just like I love your pretty vignette! :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Such an inviting garden:-). I love the tea set too!.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogland, we who live here see everything with our hearts, and surely it looks prettier and seems kinder than other lands. My mother worked for a very wealthy home once and a magazine crew came in to photograph their home. The decorator moved things around and took down pictures until it all looked absolutely perfect. And my dad who worked at CBS brought home a betty crocker came from a commerical. When we cut the cake...there were dozes of toothpicks inside to keep it perfectly tall.

    Perhaps things in Blogland are a bit like that within photos, but the hearts of the kindred spirits who live here are pure, and the words are truly perfect.

    Have a lovely day too.

    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very asute observation- one I'll have to remember next time I'm feeling inadequate about my lack of decorating style :-)
    Ah, Asilomar- one of my favorite places! We go there the last weekend in October for the Scottish Country Dancing Workshops & Ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhondi,
    Thanks for visiting. I have been so busy lately. I love your little blogland fantasy. Just like on HGTV. We call it assisted reality.
    Glad you are back!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to come over and have a tea like this!

    Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the lovliest garden! I do have a question...where do you store all these amazing teacups and teapots? I am amazed each time I see new ones on your blog photos. We live in far too small a house and I have two I use regularly and a small teapot that makes two cups of tea for myself. I want to start a teatime break each day again. I used to do it and stopped. I let life just get too busy. I would take a half hour for me. I set my tea in my little teapot and put it on a pretty tray with a real teacup (not a mug) and would sit with a book to 'disappear' for just a little while. I do want to get back to doing this for myself.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a warm and friendly blog you have...I'm enjoying my visit! I feel right at home...=) Thank you for being such a gracious hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    I've seen your name around Blogland, and wanted to pop in and say hello, I'm Kathy nice to meet you. I just love your teapot, very pretty pictures.

    I will be back again,
    Kathy :)
    jokaj@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your sweet hospitality and inviting me to tea. Thanks for your interest of what I've been doing the past two weeks. Even though it was imaginary, I could feel a genuine warmth from you!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi