Friday, April 4, 2008

Shopping

We do our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and Trader Joe's. I go to Wal-Mart for 2 reasons: it's very close and their food is cheap. I'd much rather be at a quaint little market where there are huge buckets of fresh flowers and you point to the cut of meat you want and the butcher trims it just so. Every piece of fruit looks like it won a blue ribbon at the county fair and the breads are from a European bakery. It is just a lovely experience to shop there. Not so Wal-Mart. It's in and out as quickly as possible, just get what I need and leave.

Today however I don't mind going to Wal-Mart. Hop into the car with me and I'll show you why. Fasten your seat belt!




























Isn't that a beautiful drive? The beauty of the cherry trees this time of year here is spectacular and these are some of the photos I snapped from the car as I was on my way. The first photo was a redbud on my street. For today at least I enjoyed my trip to Wal-Mart. Oh and the Goodwill is right across the road so I usually stop in there too. I got something great today which I'll show you another time.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Rhondi xo





12 comments:

  1. The pictures I can see are so pretty! I love the flowers on cherry trees! Thank you shopping Wal~mart!!! ( I have worked at one for 13 years!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I love shopping at Walmart and the Goodwill! Saving money is what it's all about. Gotta have money for fabric, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a drive like that, any trip to the grocer would be a treat! Those blossoms are gorgeous! I love my local Salvation Army and St Vincent de Paul shops as there is always a treasure to be found.
    Thanks for sharing some of your everyday life with us - it's the everyday that I find so very interesting and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you didn't mind, what lovely blossom. A very sweet wren on your sidebar. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there I thought your previous banner was beautiful bit this is gorgeous - what a lovley tea set

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful ride to Walmart! Those trees are so pretty.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying the Spring blooms and trees. Thanks for taking us along with you. Have a good weekend! ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Truly spectacular~ I wish my drive to Wally-World was that beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The trees are beautiful Rhondi! What a nice drive to Walmart. You know, we have a Goodwill store right across the street from our Walmart too and I'm always stopping in on the days I go to Walmart.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Thanks for taking me on this wonderful drive with you Rhondi!

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Rhondi,
    I think I would take many extra drives and walks in that street! Thanks for sharing, it looks stunning!
    Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are spectacular - thank you so much for posting them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I always read every one. I am glad you stopped by for a visit. Hope you'll come again!
Rhondi